Quality Improvement training now available online for all CNWL staff
IHI Open School Quality Improvement (QI) training is now available to all staff across CNWL.
The IHI Open School offers online training for you to develop your skills to run a QI project and be part of a project team.
You should start your QI training by completing the Improvement Capability Modules (QI101 – QI105), as shown below. Completing additional module Q201 : Planning for Spread will give you a certificate in Quality Improvement.
QI 101 : Introduction to Health Care Improvement
QI 102 : How to Improve with the Model for Improvement
QI 103 : Testing and Measuring Changes with PDSA Cycles
QI 104 : Interpreting Data: Run Charts, Control Charts and Other Measurement Tools
QI 105 : Leading Quality Improvement
It will take you approximately 80 mins to complete each module and you will receive a certificate at the end of each module.
How to access the passcode for IHI Open School
The passcode for CNWL staff can be found in the resources section of this website.
If you do not have a log in for the secure area of the site :
1.Register for an account on this site first. You do this by clicking "log in" on the top right-hand side of this page. Then click "Not a Member? Register here" above the email field.
2. Register with your .nhs.net email address using the password of your choice. Your account has to be manually verified and this can take up to 24 hours.
3. Once registered you can access the passcode by following the instructions below.
If you have a log in for the secure area of the site:
1. Sign in to the secure area of this website by clicking "log in" on the top right.
2. Sign in using the email address and password you set when registering.
3. Once signed in visit the resources section. This can be found under the QI Projects menu and then resources. Or by following this link : https://www.qi.cnwl.nhs.uk/qi-projects/resources
4. Scroll down to the first folder in the secure area. This is labelled "IHI Open School"
5. Download IHI Online QI Training Guide for Participants.pdf
If you are having difficulty accessing the passcode please use the contact form to get in touch.